2-piper-logo-240
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Piper Cherokee -The First 50 Years

Piper Cherokee -The First 50 Years 1 year 1 week ago #100

• Stancub
  • Subscriber
I'm a new member of Piper Flyers, but I've been a Piper flyer for over 50 years now. I've been flying the same 1946 J3 Cub for 52 years, and I've also owned a 1973 Cherokee 180 for the past 3 years. In addition to flying, I love aviation history. I've recently completed and published a book PIPER CHEROKEE - THE FIRST 50 YEARS. From my personal collection of aviation magazines and advertisements, I have assembled a collection of Piper advertisement, pilot reports, news releases, and personal experiences covering the period from 1960 to 2011. My family built, owned, and operated the Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport and Piper Dealership back in the 60s. Anyone interested in Cherokee history can check it out by going to lulu.com and searching on the title. It's over 100 pages of photos, ads, specs, and general Cherokee information.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Piper Cherokee -The First 50 Years 1 year 6 days ago #101

• Jen D
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Stan,
I love Piper history too. I'll definitely check this out.
Jen

Piper Cherokee -The First 50 Years 1 month 1 week ago #293

• Supafly
  • Subscriber
Hi Stan, unfortunately Lulu doesn't ship to South Africa, any other way I can get this book sent out here ?

Piper Cherokee -The First 50 Years 1 month 1 week ago #294

• Stancub
  • Subscriber
Hi Philip Sila.
I will check and see what it would cost to send a copy of my book to South Africa, and let you know. I made a trip to South Africa in July 1988 when I was working for Boeing and we were selling 747-400s to SAA. Thanks for your interest.

Piper Cherokee -The First 50 Years 3 weeks 4 days ago #300

• Stancub
  • Subscriber
Hi Philip,

I've checked and the best shipping charge I can find is about $46 US. If you can get me $55 US total, I'll arrange to ship my book. Let me know and we can work out the details.

Stan

PS. I visited SA back in July 1988 when I worked for Boeing and we were selling 747-400s to SAA.

Piper Cherokee -The First 50 Years 3 weeks 3 days ago #301

• Supafly
  • Subscriber
Please email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds