Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Tow Bar?

More
2 years 11 months ago #350

Hello All,

This my first post, so please bare with me. For better or worse, I am the new owner of an "81 PA-32R-301 and I need tow bars, yes two. I need one for use with a garden tractor tug and another for carry in the baggage compartment. I ordered a "universal" tow bar from sporty's, but it does not fit into or over the axle openings. Would one you please let me know what kind of tow bar you use and where you got it? Since one did not come with the plane, I don't even know what I'm looking for. A pic would be great, if not to much trouble.

Many Thanks,

Jerry Moore

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #351

Try White industries in Bates City, Missouri .
On their web site you can type in your request and a salesman will get back to you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sara1

More
2 years 11 months ago #354

Hi,

Aircraft Spruce has a good collection. Here's the link: www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ps/towbars.html

Best,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
1 year 9 months ago #813

Scott,
Just finished reading your article on tugs. If you can recommend a tug for my SARATOGA II TC, 2001?
I am leaning towards the Dragger NDE-24. I have been using the 40EZ for several years, but don't really like the axle connections! Slipped out once on my former Cirrus, and pierced the wheel pants!
Thanks. Kent

More
1 year 9 months ago #815

The NDE-24 is easy to use and has plenty of power. I tested it and if you have a lot of turns to get your plane in the hangar this might not be the one you want. If you have a mostly straight shot in and out this will work perfectly. I ultimately chose the NFE-4 ( airtug.com/products/aircraft-tugs/the-cirrus-airtug-tug/ ) because it handles my Seneca 2 very well. No more pulling and pushing the tug and putting human weight on the wheels to get traction. It handles my floor door tracks, cracks in the hangar and apron, and inclines with ease. The speed control is much smoother than the NDE-24. If you don't mind that it's a bit pricy this is the one that will last you for life. I've had mine about six months and there's no stopping it, winter, summer, rain, shine or snow. This is definitely heavy duty. :)

Best of luck,
Scott Sherer

More
1 year 9 months ago #817

Thanks, again, for the info. I do have a "straight in" approach to my hangar. I was considering price as a factor. I wasn't too interested in the "cable" to pull the aircraft onto the tug base. I luckily have only a 1.25 inch hangar floor edge, no door tracks. I may give the NDE-24 a shot?
Thanks for your quick reply!
Kent

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds