Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Bogert Battery box Mod/STC

• John Barco
  • John Barco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1231

Does anyone have a copy of the Bogert Battery Box STC for the PA-28 Battery Box Replacement Replacement (STC# SA01582SE) that I could look at?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1232

Although I haven't installed a Bogart battery box so I don't have any paperwork, am I correct in assuming that you want the installation instructions, not just the STC approval page?
If you're seeking answers to specific questions you can probably get what you need by calling Bogart.

• John Barco
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1234

Thank you for your suggestion. I am looking for drawings of the box they make. I would like to fabricate something similar myself. Bogert is not inclined to provide drawings of their box.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1235

No, probably not. If you do fabricate a box, how do you plan to get approval to put it in your airplane??

• John Barco
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #1240

AI says 337 will do it.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #1243

It will if your AI and the local FAA are on good terms. Here where I live, the principal maintenance inspector assigned to my area doesn't do any field approval 337s. He is allowed but he is prone to do nothing if he can get away with it.

If your battery box is totally kazooogled, it might be quicker and less expensive to get a good one from an airplane salvage yard such as Wentworth, or Texas Air Salvage.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds