Topic-icon From OLD Forum: Replacement Fuel Caps

• John B
  • John B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #6

From PFA member:

Anyone knows where to get replacement fuel caps?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• John B
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #7

From member Bill Wenkman:

What is the problem with your present fuel caps? If the rubber has become hard and difficult to compress, put the caps in lacquer thinner for about four hours, take them out and check for pliability. If left too long the rubber diameter becomes so large you will not be able to re-insert and then the caps will need to be dried out.

-Bill Wenkman

• John B
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #8

From PFA staff:

Check with the folks at Wentworth Aircraft at 1-800-493-6896 or . Also, I would try Preferred Air Parts at 800-433-0814 or www.preferredairparts.com .

–PFA

More
3 years 4 months ago #199

preferred airparts,chapparal parts,wilco,dawson,muncie avn. i have 2 that do not match on apache tiptanks.one is for a cherokee,other for a seneca.

More
2 years 9 months ago #329

Hi I am a proud owner of an Apache. For parts and advice check out the Piper Apache Club on line, join it, it is well worth the money. A guy named John Lumley runs it. There is a Forum that goes back for years. Also Diamond Aire out of Kalispell Montana is a complete rebuild shop. They are also on line. Both have complete cap assembles. Both are a great source of parts and information.

Good luck.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds