Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon New Seneca Upgrades and Mods

• SCOTTSHERER
  • SCOTTSHERER's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #73

I'm a lucky pilot dude. I know it and I'm mostly humbled by it. Last month I changed airports where I keep my Seneca. For the last seven years I've been very lucky to hangar my airplane at Racine, Wisconsin's Batten Field (KRAC). I've been frustrated by the airports A&P mechanic availability issue and so I moved my airplane to Burlington, Wisconsin (KBUU). This airport has an outstanding A&P shop AND it's the home of Knots2U! Am I a lucky pilot dude or what? This month I purchased and installed main-gear hub caps, wing bolt covers, upper and lower tail cone and gear fairings. I'm getting ever closer to painting the plane and I want the exterior to really look good when I'm done painting. John Bailey, the owner of Knots2U, looked at a couple of the exterior plastic molded pieces that weren't in good shape. He had a couple of those pieces removed, sanded and repaired and put back on the plane. He also took off a couple of pieces of molding for which there were no replacement parts and he had molds created for them. In another month I'll be able to get new molding for around my engines. Way to go, John!

What an outstanding company. Am I a lucky pilot dude to have moved to KBUU or what?

Scott Sherer
N344TB

PS. I'm pretty sure that John takes this kind of care with everyone. I really don't think I'm all that special lol :)

Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by SCOTTSHERER.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #83

Hi Scott,

Great news about your move.

If we wanted to do all of your speed mods, how much should we budget?

Also, do you have an idea how much your TAS has increased?

Thanks,

Kent

• SCOTTSHERER
  • SCOTTSHERER's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #84

Hi Kent,

I haven't done any scientific study of airspeed increases as I've been at this for a few years now, however, I was looking back over my notes and it looks like my speed has increased about ten knots at about ten thousand feet and 75% power. Regarding the cost of upgrades, about $5k for ten knots. Does this help?

Scott Sherer
n344tb

More
3 years 10 months ago #86

Thanks Scott.

We are looking for used propellers. We can buy new 3 blade Mcauleys for $22K for a pair. We were wondering if there were any deals out there on used / refurbished propellers.

K

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds