Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Wing fixing points

• Travis Ludlow
  • Travis Ludlow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
3 weeks 19 hours ago #1888

Can anyone tell me if there is anything that is certified that could be fitted on the top of a Warrior wing. I want an upright fixing point for a camera.
Could someone tell me what this is (see photo) on the wing tip, between the light and the wing tip. Is this to see if the light is on? Is it certified?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1897

Hi, The little plexiglas tab nestled against your nav light lens is a tell-tale to help you see from the cabin whether that nav light is working. They are not considered a major alteration so you just need an entry by your A & P saying something like: "I have determined that this installation is a minor alteration per AC 43.210A, fig 3-1 and 3-2."
The first in Scott Kinney's articles on "Making Your Own Aviation Videos" appeared in the August 2019 issue of Piper Flyer. It will answer your questions about mounting video cameras.
You should have the August issue by now.

• Travis Ludlow
  • Travis Ludlow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1898

Thank you Steve. My Dad small cameras for TV broadcast for a living but he says when it come stop permanent fixtures that has to be certified he is out if his depth. We are looking for semi-perminant as in not necessarily GoPros, if possible.
I think the upright by the wing light was a plan to mount a GoPro on but he is hoping there might be something more sturdy that could be fixed to the wing.
He doesn't want to use suction mounts.
Not had the August magazine yet but I am a new member so hopefully will get it soon.
Thanks sagain for your help.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds