Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Leaking Propeller Hub HC-C2YK-1BF

More
7 months 6 hours ago #2137

Hi Tomasz;
Hartzell Service Letter 32 applies to Hartzell C-A2X20-4 propellers installed on Beech 35 and Navion airplanes. It's obsolete.
The service manual for your propeller -115N- has two pages on hub oil leakage. It says that some leakage can be expected during the first few hours after installation. That leakage should stop within the first 10 hours.
The only leakage that is field repairable is replacement of the O-ring between the engine and propeller flange.
You can access the latest version of the Hartzell owner's manual for this propeller at: hartzellprop.com/wp-content/uploads/115N-0000-R23-WA.pdf .
I have attached the two pages in the manual that address oil leaks.
Please let me know what you do and what you find out.
Thanks
S

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Tomasz Napierala
  • Tomasz Napierala's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
7 months 1 day ago #2135

Dear all I have a slightly leaking propeller hub and looking from some expertise before I start some more invasive correction actions like overhauling the whole assembly. The hub is leaking between the two half's at the location of the balance weights. It looks very minor but over time accumulate noticeable at the inside of the spinner. There was once a Hartzell Service Letter No.32 what is obsolete right now and I can't get a copy so far. It deals with grease leakage judgment and correction like re-torquing the hub bolts before removing the propeller. The hub has been recently eddy current inspected for cracks without any outcome and I am quite sure about the non critical location of the leak. Does anyone has some experience, advice or the SL 32 from Hartzell handy.

Many thanks!
Tomasz

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 1 day ago by Tomasz Napierala.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds