Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Robertson STOL kit

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2215

Lancair holds that STC now: contact Pete Conrad, R-STOL sales manager, Lancair. Conrad can be reached at 830-486-5274; leave a message if no answer.

Looks like Jerome has already reached out to them.

We're reaching out to some Cessna RSTol vendors to see if they can help,
Jen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jerome Poncet
  • Jerome Poncet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2214

Hi Steve,
Thank you for the reply. The STC is hold by Lancair now, in Texas. I exchanged with them but the information I could get is partial and some references are missing to understand the documentation. I am more looking for someone with experience in rigging the aileron to have some hints on the procedure.
Kind regards,
Jerome

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2213

Hi Jerome;
I'm Steve and I believe that the Robertson STOL kit STCs were held by Sierra Industries in Texas. In late 2013, Innova Aerospace bought Sierra Industries. Unfortunately, in 2018 one news report said that Innova Aerospace had shut it's doors but a report later that year said that Innova Aerospace had given two seminars at AirVenture in Wisconsin in late July.
The seminars were about engine upgrades on Beech King Airs.
The website mentioned in the article does not work.
I looked over the STC listing on the FAA website for your airplane but did not see a STC for this modification listed.
I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything helpful
Steve

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2212

That is kind of a problem as Robertson is long gone. I know other owners in similar situations. You can file a Freedom of Information request with the FAA for all the data associated with that STC and see what you get back. Probably take a few months. You might also try Pilots of America forum if no one here has what you need.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome Poncet

• Jerome Poncet
  • Jerome Poncet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2211

Hello,
I am Jerome from France and we have a PA28R-200 with my wife that is equipped with the R-STOL kit (modified leading edge, aileron drooping and so on).
We are looking for the installation manual of the kit and some tips and helps for aileron rigging procedure.
Any support will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Have safe flight,
Jerome

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Cookies