Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Wiring for cabin speaker 1977 PA28-181

More
24 Jan 2022 18:10 #3371

Hi Bryan;
I suggest you find the wiring diagram for your audio panel, and follow the wires from the appropriate spk output pins on it--see where they go.
Rooting around in under panel wiring is a pains taking task and can be frustrating.
It sounds like at some time in the past the speaker wires were cut. Often some corners, such as removing old wiring are cut by installers.
Does your speaker work now?
I don't recall seeing cabin speakers with transformers but most of my hands-on experience is on Cessnas, so I don't know if that's a common Piper scheme.
Sorry again for the nebulous answer--
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Bryan Russell
  • Bryan Russell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
23 Jan 2022 12:38 #3361

Those two wires are part of the bundle that terminates in the location of the voltage regulators, down by the pilots left rudder pedal.

More
07 Jan 2022 18:55 #3337

Hi Bryan;
I wish I had an immediate and correct answer for you but I don't. Nor does my much more experienced local avionics installer.
I feel that the quickest answer will be to pull the audio panel and see if there's continuity between the audio out wires at the panel and ASP 4 and 5.
Sorry I don't have a better answer.
Please let me know if there's any way I can help, and please let me know what you find.
Best,
Steve

• Bryan Russell
  • Bryan Russell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
06 Jan 2022 21:24 #3336

Trying to solve a speaker issue as the wires have been cut or at least the audio wires were cut.

There is a pigtail at the speaker with two wires labeled ASP4 and ASP5. I have reviewed the wiring legend and diagrams and cannot find any reference with a ASP designation or where they terminate. I assume they stand for Audio Speaker Power wire 4/wire5 as the speaker includes a transformer and the other two wires follow the piper wiring legend as the audio panel wires.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edit: 06 Jan 2022 21:25 by Bryan Russell.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Cookies