Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon PA28-140 Parked for a long time

More
05 May 2022 16:56 #3489

James,
Check out www.partsforplanes.com .
And before buying ask to see if there's a return policy.
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2022 20:10 #3488

Hi James;
Good news on the wings.
I should think that this is a good time to be looking for not so new but still good avionics and instruments since most every avionics shop I know is busy pulling that stuff out to make room for the latest and greatest glass panel stuff.
There are also instrument overhaul shops such as Instrument Overhaul of San Diego that may be able to overhaul what you have.
I recently installed two uAvionix AV-30 units in place of my DG and Art Horizon. That allowed me to take out my vacuum system. They aren't too expensive and pack a lot of data onto one screen.
Again, my first action would be to type KX 155 into Google, and eBay. Make sure that the vendor gives you a money back satisfaction guarantee. Most reputable ones will.
Let me know what you decide/find
Steve

• James Eary
  • James Eary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
01 May 2022 22:01 #3486

Right side inspection panel installed. Looks just as good as left. Guess I’ll start planning to keep her now. Any good lines on used radios/avionics? Was thinking KX-155’s for now.
Then there’s the instruments…

Last edit: 02 May 2022 00:36 by James Eary.

More
01 May 2022 15:08 #3485

Hi James;
Looks good to me too. But as you say, we're not the one signing it off.
As I recall, the area of concern is the aft inboard portion of the main wing spar.
I have attached some Piper Service Bulletins to give you guidance on a full inspection.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Steve

Attachments:

• James Eary
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
30 Apr 2022 23:47 #3484

Left wing pics attached. First 3 are from the inboard inspection panel from factory. The rest are from inspection panel I installed today. Looks great to me. But I’m not the one that can sign off on it…

• James Eary
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
29 Apr 2022 16:50 #3483

I’m just having the corrosion inspection done. At first I thought it needed the eddy inspection, but the a&p said it did not.
So, I have to install the inspection panels in order for that to happen.
Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

Cookies