Topic-icon Buying a pa-30/39

• Ken Tucker
  • Ken Tucker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 months 1 week ago #1769

Hey everyone
I’m looking at purchasing a Pa30/39 for personal use and possibly teaching in it.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions .
Thanks,
Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #1771

Hi Ken;
Please read this article from the magazine archives. It was written by Kristin Winter, a very experienced Twin Comanche owner.
My advice to buyers is always buy the best airplane you can afford. If you buy one that looks like a great deal, you can be assured that you will find many maintenance issues that will need to be addressed.
Many PA 30s have been used for twin engine training; and as a consequence are in pretty tired shape.
Please protect your self by insisting on a full on annual as your pre-purchase inspection, preferably by a shop that has lots of PA 30 experience.
Here's the article link; as a member you are free to roam the magazine archives. There's lots of good information there that we have addressed over the years.
www.piperflyer.org/piper-twin-engine/ite...read-this-first.html .
Keep in touch; we will help you all we can.
Best,
Steve

• Ken Tucker
  • Ken Tucker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 months 6 days ago #1772

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the article and info. They were interesting, but I’m still interested in Pa-30/39 for personal and possibly teaching.
I probably should have mentioned that I have 8700+ hours, 4200+ multi, and have flown an taught in in mostly Piper lines, super cubs to Cheyenne III except for the Comanche and Malibu lines.
Any other suggestions, articles or people to talk to would be greatly appreciated.
Once again thank you for reaching out and for the info.
Ken

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds