× PA-30/39 Twin Comanche

Topic-icon Ipad Mount ???

• Robert Whiteley
  • Robert Whiteley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 months 1 week ago #2188

Thanks Mr. Pound for the input and you quick reply --- I will take my pad out to the plane and see if its practical with my steam gauge lay out -- BTW I am in california and its about 54 degrees f and feels like it should snow -- very nice panel --- thanks again - Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #2186

Hi Rob, I use a RAM hose clamp style mount on the yoke. There is a ball on the clamp with a short interconnecting plastic piece that connects to the ball on the back of the RAM mini iPad mount. I use it in landscape mode and there is not much blocking of the panel. It is easily adjustable. I use an iPad Pro on my lap for approach plates and cross checking. Both are connected to my Stratus 2S. I insist on having a tablet on my kneeboard for keeping track of Hobbs, clearances, T'off times, tank changes, squawks, etc, so I have not yet found a good kneeboard that will allow me to have the iPad and a tablet that is convenient to use. The full sized iPads are too large to mount on the yoke. I find the notepad in ForeFlight to be lacking in practicality, and I have no record at the end of the flight to tear off and take home for logging, ordering parts, etc. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly.
I attached a photo of the RAM mount in the portrait mode. I can take a better photo at the hangar with the mini iPad mounted and the headset out of the way to give you a better idea. It's snowing right now.

Clear SKies,
Gomer

Attachments:

• Robert Whiteley
  • Robert Whiteley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 months 1 week ago #2185

Hi All - looking for some recomendations for a Ipad mount in my PA-30. any information on brand, configutation, issues etc would be helpfull

Thanks -- RW

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds