Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Pedestal complete as refurbish continues

• Marc Davidson
  • Marc Davidson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1834

I'm only allowed to put things ON the plane. Slowly finishing things up one at a time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #1849

Mark, I've experienced the joy of getting far enough along to start putting things back ON the airplane. And I'm reminded of the catch phrase: "It's all done except for a few details!"
I always seem to cruise along making progress but at some point in the project, usually at the 60 percent mark my mind starts saying, "You're never gonna get done!" I have to ignore that thought and keep on doing it every day, even if my contributions are very small. Then the dawn breaks, I can see the end and it's fun again.
I don't know if that thought process has been part of this project, but if so? Keep on keepin on.
You're going to have one beautiful, dependable airplane when you're done.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1863

Marc, that panel looks great. I have a PA28 Cherokee with a black plastic panel just like you had originally. I would like to move to aluminum similar to your new set up. How did you go about getting the panel manufactured? I am shopping for one but it looks like these are custom jobs. Do you have any recommendations?

Than you,

Mark
N417FL

• Marc Davidson
  • Marc Davidson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #1890

Mark,
Just saw your question after Oshkosh...
My avionics install shop uses Envision out of Newbury Park, CA
www.eapanels.com/
My shop and I did all of the thinking, positioning of items and the CAD work, then Envision cuts, powdercoats and ships.
Envision only works with your installer though. Did a nice job. Just got it Flying this week.

Attachments:

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1892

Wow, a super clean and information packed panel. It's so clean especially compared to the original panel.
Happy Flying

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1894

Marc, thank you for the info. That panel looks awesome.

Time to create page: 3.436 seconds