Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-iconJanitrol Replacement

• John Southworth
  • John Southworth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1987

ZK-WHW has the janitrol heater missing. I have been looking for a replacement but am a little confused what the current options are. Has anyone done a replacement lately or been able to find a refurbed one. The model I have seems to be not available anywhere, 65d79-3.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #1990

My research showed that the 65d79-3 is a B4050 heater.
I suggest you call Preferred Airparts in Kidron, Ohio. It claims to have a couple of overhauled B4050 heater for sale.
Select Airparts in Weyer's Cave, Virginia has an "as removed" B4050 for sale. I don't know what these are selling for.
Wilco Aircraft Parts in Wichita claims to have two 65d79-3 heaters for sale.
I believe Aircraft Spruce and Specialty ( www.aircraftspruce.com ) sells new Janitrol heaters.
One of these options should work for you.
Best,
Steve

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #1997

Here is more information about Janitrol heaters. I urge you to check prices since the original B series Janitrol heaters are subject to airworthiness directive 2004-21-05. This AD requires repetitive testing of the flame tube for leakage (decay testing) and repetitive testing of the pressure switch. Any leakage requires replacement of the flame tube. These tests must be conducted every 100 hours of heater usage or every 24 months of calendar time. . If a 94E42 pressure switch is installed, that part of the test is no longer required.
If you buy a used Janitrol 65D79-3 the AD will be in effect. You can send a used Janitrol to the factory for rebuild. I believe this will terminate the repetitive inspections mandated by the AD. A Janitrol factory rebuilt 65d79-3 heater (part number FR65D79-3 (IS) costs $4766. A new Janitrol 65D79-3(IS) sells for $7221.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds