Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-iconEFB approval for chieftains

• Ken Tucker
  • Ken Tucker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #2004

Does anyone know if there is an STC to allow use of EFB’s on chieftains for 135 ops?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2005

Please tell my exactly what you mean. Do you want to use an EFB in place of charts?
As a secondary nav tool or as a back up instrument display?
I suspect the answer you're seeking will come from the 135 operator you've flying with.
I am not aware of any STC for the use of an EFB in any airplane.
If you're talking about using the EFB in place of some aircraft instruments, I am not aware of any approval for that purpose.
However, I haven't kept up with 135 ops news. I'll try to find out and will post an answer when I get one.
Steve

• Ken Tucker
  • Ken Tucker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2006

Hi Steve,
We are going through the process of getting an Ops Spec to use an EFB in place of paper charts. Our POI mentioned that if someone else had already gone through the process for the Chieftains, we could eliminate much of the process, so I’m just throwing out some feelers to see if there is any knowledge that may help.
Thanks
Ken

More
2 weeks 6 hours ago #2011

Hey Ken,
I've reached out to Kristin Winter. She writes for the Piper Flyer magazine, is a very experienced Navajo pilot and may have some contacts that are able to provide you with a steer.
I'll let you know what I find.
Steve

More
1 week 5 days ago #2014

I understand that Island Air Express of Klawock, Alaska ( www.islandairx.com ) has FAA approval to use EFBs. It does not operate a Navajo.
I'll try to find others.
Steve

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds