Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Greetings and Salutations, Seneca Owners

• SCOTTSHERER
  • SCOTTSHERER's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #38

Greetings fellow Seneca owners. I haven't heard from any of you since the new website was launched. I still have my trusty 1977 Seneca 2 that I've been restoring for about eight years now. Paint is next up as soon as I finish installing my Knot2U mods. Central Aviation in Watertown, Wisconsin is my paint shop of choice and I hope to have it done by the end of this year.

Take a moment to send me your greetings! I'm sure that I'm not the only Seneca owner on these forums!

Scott Sherer
Racine, Wisconsin
N344TB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #54

Hi There Scott,

My son and I just bought a 1975 Seneca II. We just had it Ferry permit flown into our home airport - DeLand, FL. We are very excited to finally receive it, and start refurbishing it.

I am very curious about what improvements you have made. We are pretty green to the PA-34 platform, and what things we should do to improve the airplane.

Are you doing all of the Knots 2 you mods? What paint scheme are you using? What does your panel look like? Our Seneca had not flown for over 5 years. We have a shop doing the annual - we are not mechanics, like it sounds like you are.

Thanks for the post.

Kent

• SCOTTSHERER
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #55

Greetings, Kent,

thanks so much for your email. I've had this particular Seneca for about ten years now but I've had 3 Seneca's over the last quarter century, or so. Regarding mods and refurb, here's what I've done so far.
1. Installed a new Airtex interior with new glass.
2. Overhauled all panel instruments.
3. Garmin 530W, gdl69, gmx-200, Century 2000 autopilot with gpss and altitude preselect. Able to do lpv approaches.
3. All Knots2U mods and Lopresti nose bowls.
4. 30 gallon auxiliary fuel tanks totaling 160 gallons.
5. Wolf air-oil separators. No oil leakage and no new oil between oil changes.
6. overhauled engines in ft Lauderdale.

The only thing left is paint, and I hope to do that before the end of the year.

Are you going to be in Oshkosh for Airventure? If so, I live nearby...

Best regards,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
3 years 9 months ago #106

HI Scott,

I think I tried to email you directly, versus through the web site. How is the project going?

We are looking for some used propellers. Do you have any ideas of where we should look?

Thanks.

Kent

• SCOTTSHERER
More
3 years 9 months ago #107

Hi Kent,

Thanks for your greetings. The project is going okay. I'm looking for new nose gear doors and should find some soon. Regarding your request for props: 2 or 3 blade? Any other requirements?

Let me know and I'll check around. Great hearing from you!

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
3 years 9 months ago #108

Hi Again,

Of course my son would like 3 blades, I am open to either one. Cost is an issue right now, and I would like to get her in the air. The blades that were on it were two blades, and on inspection 3 of the 4 total blades were bad.

Does it make sense to by 3 more single blades? Are three bladed propellers better? Quieter, faster, etc. We all like the look of three blades better - but are there other benefits?

We are open to all ideas and enlightenment.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds