Topic-icon Winterization plates ?

• Kent Dellenbusch
  • Kent Dellenbusch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1599

Hello All.
we have a new member who is looking for winterization plates for his Seneca III. Does anyone out there have them and can I put Terry in touch with you? He is looking to manufacture some for himself. Dimensions are needed. It is #20 in the illustration. The plates are in the forward baggage compartment.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1600

I asked the same thing about my Seneca III and I was put in touch with David McKenna by Steve Ells from Piper Flyers. Here is what David said:
James,
Here you go. Pics of the factory Oil Cooler Restrictor Plate for our Cont. TSIO360 oil coolers.
Engine experts I have listened to at AOPA events, as well as on-line articles, tell you that oil temp must reach 180F to boil the moisture off. In our case, we never achieved temp until I added the second ‘home made’ Restrictor Plate and kept both on year round, adding the tape to the third section from Sept.- June.
The plate measures 4.25” x 2.5” and 2.5” on the high side, .75” on the low side. There are screws already in place to fasten...very easy to make and secure.
David
I have purchased my PA-34 5 months ago and dealing with growing pains. I do not have winter plates in the plane and was going to try to manufacture them. Until then I am putting aluminum tape on the cooler to get by in MN weather.
He also gave me pics of them if you want send me your email and will forward them to you.
David has been a wealth of knowledge for Seneca III's.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1601

Kent I just realized you are the administrator. I am sorry and not sure if I was the new member or someone else. Steve's referral has been great dealing with David.

thanks,

• Kent Dellenbusch
  • Kent Dellenbusch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1602

Thank you James. I will forward this conversation tomorrow. Should Terry have any questions can I put him in touch with you?
Cheers.
Kent

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1603

Absolutely

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kent Dellenbusch

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1607

James can you forward the pictures you have of the various winterization plates for a Seneca III? I would like to begin by constructing a set of the factory original design and then moving on to custom...if necessary. This plane spends most of its time in the California high desert environment with occasional cross county trips to the Midwest and East coast. My personal email is .

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds