Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Primary Engine monitoring + Autopilot Upgrade for Seneca II

More
12 May 2022 20:22 #3511

That surprises me but folks at Dynon would know. I’m attempting to load the photo again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2022 20:22 #3510

That surprises me but folks at Dynon would know. I’m attempting to load the photo again.

Attachments:

• HEGAIN
  • HEGAIN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
12 May 2022 06:04 #3509

I reached out to Dynon and sent an order and this is the response i received from them:

“Thanks for reaching out regarding our system for your Seneca.

A couple things to note at this time regarding our system and Seneca's:
We will not have any certified HDX screens available until potentially late July.
Engine monitoring will not be available on the Piper Seneca until our Baron is approved. This is due to a hardware change in the twin engine displays that are awaiting FAA approval. This could be towards the end of the year until that will be available as we are finishing up our certification project of the C182 with the FAA, then the Baron will follow.

You can certainly still install the HDX and the other options that are available, just note the Engine monitoring functions will not be available until we have that FAA approval.”

Thank you!
Sales Coordinator
Dynon Avionics
www.Dynon.com

• HEGAIN
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
12 May 2022 06:04 #3508

I reached out to Dynon and sent an order and this is the response i received from them:

“Thanks for reaching out regarding our system for your Seneca.

A couple things to note at this time regarding our system and Seneca's:
We will not have any certified HDX screens available until potentially late July.
Engine monitoring will not be available on the Piper Seneca until our Baron is approved. This is due to a hardware change in the twin engine displays that are awaiting FAA approval. This could be towards the end of the year until that will be available as we are finishing up our certification project of the C182 with the FAA, then the Baron will follow.

You can certainly still install the HDX and the other options that are available, just note the Engine monitoring functions will not be available until we have that FAA approval.”

Thank you!
Sales Coordinator
Dynon Avionics
www.Dynon.com

More
12 May 2022 03:00 #3507

I think that the Dynon engine monitors are certified. I have seen a Seneca II with the original engine instruments removed and the Dynon Skyview HDX installed. If the picture doesn't come through it is N21788 and the owner told me that it was done by Saint Aviation in FL. I would call Dynon and ask them directly. I purchased a Seneca III earlier this year. My plan to was to do a Dynon panel but this has a decent Garmin panel and the autopilot does okay, so I won't do anything for now.

• HEGAIN
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
11 May 2022 03:35 #3505

I need some advise. My Century AP doesn't hold altitude and is always in a 200-500fpm climb. It fights Electric trim. Headings with GPS has me left of course (checked with VOR). EGT's work 75% of time. I want to replace AP and engine instruments.

I was looking at the Dynon w/engine monitoring. This is most bang for buck however, the engine monitoring is not certified (possible early 2023). JPI, EI, Garmin which one is best?

Any suggestions on how I can mix and match systems to achieve Digital Primary engine instruments with a new autopilot? I currently have a GTN750 installed.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Cookies