Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

× Aviation Software & Apps

Topic-icon Flight Planning Software - What do you use?

• PFA Staff 4
  • PFA Staff 4's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #290

For the last 25 years I've used Flitesoft Pro. Last year the company closed it's doors, presumably do to a combination of an aging owner and the IPAD/Foreflight landslide. I've seen IPAD/Foreflight demos at my local EAA Chaper 838 meetings in Racine, Wisconsin and to say it's an outstanding flightplanning combination would be an understatement. For me, however, I prefer a PC-based flight planning application that I run at home prior to a trip. When I'm done planning, I print out a several-sheet-of-paper package and take it to the plane. Even though some of my flights are 2,000 miles away from home they are still not complex enough that uploading them to a panel-based GPS from an IPAD has been overly compelling, at least so far. When Flitesoft closed their doors they arranged to give me a free subscription to Voyager Flight Planning software from Seattle Avionics Software for the remaining time left on my Flitesoft subscription. My free subscription to Voyager has expired and I'm trying to decide on whether I should re-subscribe to Voyager or move to something else. As compared to Flitesoft, Voyager is a similar package with much better fit and finish then Flitesoft ever had. At the same time it's significantly more complex to use then Flitesoft with a much longer learning curve. I wouldn't even ask you what package you use except that when I went to re-subscribe to Voyager, their renewal web application failed on multiple occasions. Now I find myself second guessing whether I should re-subscribe or not. So please, join this forum thread and let me know what you use and whether you're happy with it.

Thanks so much for your time,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #291

Hi Scott,
Have you checked out iFlightplanner? It has iFlightplanner.com and iPad versions.

Jen

• PFA Staff 4
More
3 years 9 months ago #292

Thanks Jen, I'll check it out.

Scott Sherer

• PFA Staff 4
More
3 years 2 months ago #466

After more than six months of using Voyager 4 from Seattle Avionics Software, I'm finally friends with it. It's PC-based, which is what I like. I'm going to stay with it as I think it's an excellent product.

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
3 years 2 months ago #479

I've used Jeppesen FlightStar for many years and it's great. Complete flight planning, weather, weight and balance. The entire package for any plane. With Garmin Migrator you can download up to 19 flight plans from your PC and upload to a Garmin 430W/530W and save all the button pushing.

• PFA Staff 4
More
3 years 2 months ago #480

That's really cool, Bob. I'll look into it tomorrow. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with flight planning software.

Keep the blue side up,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds