Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Avionics Forum as PFA Marketplace

• PFA Staff 4
  • PFA Staff 4's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #470

Last year I made the decision to replace my center stack (Garmin 530W, 340 and Narco tranponder) and replace it with new Avidyne equipment. The financial unknown is scary, quite frankly as the center stack costs about as much as a new car. The rub comes in the uncertainty of whether some of the value of the old avionics can be recovered by selling them. As I had only allocated about 50 cents on the dollar for the purchase of new avionics I was under considerable pressure to sell my old equipment. I bit the bullet and removed my old equipment and placed it up for sale on the PFA Avionics forum. I was very careful to get all of my equipment tested by a reputable third party and get 8130 yellow tags and get all of the manuals and installation kits as part of my getting prepared. Ultimately, I sold all of the equipment to PFA members. In the last month or two since the equipment has sold I have continued to receive queries from PFA members about my equipment. My positive experience would lead me to suggest to all PFA members that a good way to sell used, high quality equipment at reasonable prices is to other trustworthy, like-minded PFA members! I'm certain that you will have the great experience that I did.

Happy Spring Flying,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by PFA Staff 4.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds