Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon 2015 Avionics project finally done after five mont

• PFA Staff 4
  • PFA Staff 4's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #530

Hi everyone,

After five months of winter airplane projects, my Seneca finally rolled out of the hanger and got gassed up today. Out came my Garmin GNS-530W GPS, GMA-340 Audio Panel and Narco transponder. In went an Avidyne IFD-540 GPS, AXP-340 Mode S ADS-B Out transponder and AMX-240 Audio Panel. My Garmin GMX-200 MFD and GDL-69 datalink weather receiver have stayed. Thanks to Avidyne's interoperability, it all plays perfectly together. I'm glad the project is done and can't wait to use it on my first flight tomorrow. I've attached a couple of pics.

Happy Spring to everyone,
Scott Sherer
N344TB

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #536

Scott,
GREAT looking panel. Very similar to my panel. IFD, AMX, AXP...Avidyne complete! Any issues with daytime "lighting" and visibility of the AMX-240 Audio Panel? I can't differentiate which keys are "lit" daytiime.
Thanks.

• PFA Staff 4
More
3 years 1 month ago #542

Hi Kent,

I'm not having any problems with daylight lighting. However, I was curious and there are several lighting options that you can use. Check your manual or with your avionics technician to see which option he used. Then you can figure out how to adjust it.

Best,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
2 years 11 months ago #579

I discovered a "fix" for my lighting issues through NexAir Avionics. It is a setting on the avionics dimmer 28V systems. Connect pin 7 to the aircraft dimmer, and pins 5 and 6 to grouns

• PFA Staff 4
More
2 years 11 months ago #580

Great news! Thanks for sharing,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
2 years 11 months ago #581

Are you considering an IFD440?