Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Will it never end? ADS-B In today!

• PFA Staff 4
  • PFA Staff 4's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #597

For those of you following along you know that I've replaced my GPS, audio panel, transponder and altitude encoder in the last six months giving me ADS-B Out capability. Today my airplane went in the shop for the final piece: ADS-B In. Since I have both a Garmin GMX-200 MFD and an Avidyne IFD-540 I went looking for a device that would support both. While the Avidyne MLB-100/200/210 supported the IFD-540 it wouldn't support the GMX-200. Since Garmin doesn't currently support their MFD with ADS-B products I had to look around for a creative solution. I found an excellent company called Navworx that had products that supported both of my devices... and at the $2,500 price point. So today a Navworx ADS-600B UAT is being installed in my airplane and it's replacing my older GDL-69 Sirius-XM datalink weather receiver. I'll save about $600 per year in weather subscriptions as a result and get traffic, too! It'll be a 4 year break-even point on the install. Stay tuned!

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #601

I am having the Avidyne MLB100 installed next month. I have an all Avidyne panel..tranponder/audio/IFD 540/IFD 440. Looking forward to weather on my IFD's. Good luck and send a few Pireps.

• PFA Staff 4
More
2 years 10 months ago #602

Way to go with the MLB100. I was looking at that solution but it wouldn't work with my GMX-200. I had considered replacing the GMX-200 with an Avidyne MFD but I have spent way too much already and just couldn't justify spending another dollar. I'm sure you understand (as does everyone else). I should have pics next week. Good luck with yours and let us all know how it turns out, pics too!

Best,
Scott Sherer
N344TB

• PFA Staff 4
More
2 years 10 months ago #608

Yesterday my new NavWorx ADS-600B UAT was installed. Tomorrow I have my first flight. I can't wait! I'll post a few pics when I back.

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
2 years 10 months ago #609

Good news!! Looking forward to pics. I am tentatively scheduled mid-September? Awaiting MLB ship from Avidyne..

• PFA Staff 4
More
2 years 10 months ago #614

Great news, we'll share pics and info when we both learn. Stay in touch!

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds