Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Wandering KI825 HSI

• Short Final
  • Short Final's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 5 months ago #752

Hello all, new to this group. I have a 180 Comanche based in Granbury, TX. My Honeywell KI825 HSI has developed a curious problem. In the "slaved" position, the dial face begins a slow counter-clockwise rotation and will continue until the "free" position is selected. At that point it operates correctly as any DG might. The fluxgate is in the back of the fuse, I checked for a loose connector but it seemed tight.
I had this happen briefly last summer but then it corrected itself and has been fine. It began again just after I picked it up from annual mid-Dec.
Anybody had this problem?
Thks,
Gary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #753

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the Piper Flyers Association, we're very pleased to have you as a member! Regarding your HSI, I'll be heading over to my avionics shop on Tuesday of this week. I'll take your question with me and see what I can find out. I'll get back to you in a few days.

Best,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
2 years 5 months ago #760

Hi Gary,
I went out to my avionics shop today and asked my guy about your problem. If the HSI functions properly in Free mode it's not the HSI. It's the Flux Gate back in the fuselage. You'll probably need to have a pro look at it as it may very well need to be repaired or overhauled.

Good luck and let us know how you got it fixed.

Best,
Scott Sherer
N344TB

• Short Final
  • Short Final's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 5 months ago #761

Thanks Scott
Others have pointed me in that direction. Seems like a good place to start.
Gary

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds