Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Piper Arrow IV Panel Upgrade

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #2256

can't wait to see the pic's of the lower rocker switch panel. That sounds really cool and an upgrade i would like to do.
Keep us posted

Pedro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Robert Marks
  • Robert Marks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #2251

Never one to do things part way, my ADS-B compliance installation became a full fledged replacement of our vintage panel. So, our Arrow went in on December 31st, and is still in surgery as I write this. If all goes well, you should see some of the pics below, starting with the original panel, spaghetti city, and what the panel is starting to look like as of today.

G3x Touch with 6 cylinder/turbo EIS, G5 backup AI, Guardian 553 CO monitor, G106B indicator on the center and left.
Radio stack will be GMA345 Audio panel with Bluetooth, GNX375, 2-GNC255As, and a GNC500 that will be operational when finally certified.
Below that, the long narrow cutout is for the new rocker switch panel. Fully backlit, with all sorts of cool options. When I press the "Prime" switch, the LED turns yellow. When I turn on the pitot heat, the LED turns red. All the other switches turn green when on. No more rollers.
Panel itself will be powder coated in a medium dark grey.

More to follow as the project draws to its conclusion. We're getting her all cleaned up for OSH!

Bob Marks N777FG

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds