Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Avidyne IFD-540 Update

• PFA Staff 4
  • PFA Staff 4's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #248

Hi all,

I've just received this email from Avidyne about the status of my new IFD-540 GPS navigator.

It is with great pleasure that I announce to you that the IFD540 is now certified! First, I want to say thank you for your patience with Avidyne while we certified the best FMS/GPS/NAV/COM. It has been a tremendous undertaking and we truly feel that we are bringing a top notch product to the market. We told you that we still had some tricks left up our sleeves when we started selling the IFD540 and today I get to tell you that WiFi and Bluetooth are built into the IFD540. While they are currently shut off by software, each IFD540 will have it built into the hardware. We plan to announce and deliver additional WiFi/Bluetooth information in the future. Here is a link to the press release ( www.avidyne.com/news/press.asp?release=298 ).

If you are looking for training you can come to our booth #3130 at EAA Oshkosh 2014. We have hired Adventure Flight Training to conduct training in the booth. You can find more information on our website ( www.avidyne.com/news/press.asp?release=296 ). If you haven’t downloaded them already I highly suggest that you take the time to download our iPad App from the Apple App Store. This is the best way for you to learn more about the IFD540 and how to fly with it. In addition, you should check out our IFD540 Pilot’s Guide as it is the best way to learn how to use the IFD540.

We are very excited to begin shipments of the IFD540 to our loyal customers. In the next several weeks, we will begin to contact you regarding your dealer of preference for the IFD540. Avidyne does not have stock built up in advance and will be scheduling installations based upon the date Avidyne received payment. We will contact you to confirm which shop you would like to use and when you would like to schedule the shipment. In an ideal situation, we notify that your IFD540 will be shipping on a certain week and we would ask you to schedule your installation the following week to allow for variations in shipping time.

After the installation of the IFD540, please be sure to register all your Avidyne equipment on myavidyne.com in order for Avidyne to properly notify you of any announcements/upgrades/bulletins regarding the IFD540. All deposit holders will be getting a two year warranty on the IFD540. You can sign up for AeroPlan on myavidyne.com to extend the warranty for one year to get a total warranty of three years at no additional cost to you.

Again I thank you for your patience and patronage through this process and I can assure you that Avidyne is doing everything in our power to get your IFD540 to you and installed as quickly as possible.

We will be in touch soon.

Avidyne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #495

Love my IFD540. Have a question: I want to add XM/Sirius weather. Where do I locate the "radio ID"?
Thanks

• PFA Staff 4
  • PFA Staff 4's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #496

Hi, I can think of four places. On the back of the radio, on your invoice, on the box it came in, and on the power up status screen.

Glad you like it, I just installed an ifd-540, amx-240 and axp-340. I'm using my Garmin gdl-69 for xm weather, which is compatible on the 540.

Best,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
3 years 7 months ago #499

Thanks Scott. I found out where from the Avidyne Forum pages.

More
3 years 7 months ago #500

Included the forum message as an attachment.

Attachments:

More
2 years 9 months ago #767

Paired my Bluetooth keyboard to the IFD540 today. Nice functionality. The Avidyne tech I spoke with said,"Many great features will be available soon!"

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds