Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon ADS-B: Has anyone installed equipment yet?

• SCOTTSHERER
  • SCOTTSHERER's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #268

Greetings fellow PFA members. I'm loading this forum entry because I'm curious about our PFA membership and ADS-B. Has anyone installed ADS-B Out or In hardware yet? If so, can you please take a few minutes and share your experiences so far?

Thanks much,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SCOTTSHERER
More
2 years 9 months ago #335

Just to mention that I'm installing ADS-B Out on March 15. The lead time is long on some of this equipment and I'm glad to be getting the Out side done this year. I'm installing an Avidyne Transponder, the AXP-340.

Best,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
2 years 9 months ago #349

I just had ADS-B out installed using a Garmin 430W as input into a King KT-74 transponder. The installation took a while to do because the STC required a speed sensor switch and my transponder cable had to upgraded from RG-58 to RG-400. I sent the email to the FAA for a performance report and it showed no errors. I am using it with Wing-X for my ADS-B in system. Works great so for. The King KT-74 is one of the least expensive ways for compliance if you already have an approved GPS source.

• SCOTTSHERER
More
2 years 9 months ago #355

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have heard that the FAA has an ADS-B OUT test available. Can you explain what you did to get it? That would be most helpful. Also, I understand that there's a financial penalty from the FAA if you don't correct an invalid ADS-B out signal. Do you know anything about that?

Best,
Scott Sherer
N344TB

More
2 years 9 months ago #357

To receive feedback on the performance of your ADS-B out setup, you just send an email message to : '' after your first flight with ADS-B out. You only need to include tail number. transponder make and model, and make and model of GPS unit used as a source to the transponder. Feedback is almost immediate. There is no requirement for you to request the test.

• SCOTTSHERER
More
2 years 9 months ago #358

Thanks so much for this information.

Best,

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds