Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Dual XGPS 170 battery

• STEVE ELLS
  • STEVE ELLS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 months 1 week ago #1073

Hi, A few year ago I bought a Dual XGPS 170 so I could get on the ADS-B IN bandwagon. It worked very well for quite a while but lately it hasn't taken a charge. In fact then I plug it in to a charger the red charge light will only stay on for a few minutes before it blinks off.
I tried various chargers always with the same result. I checked the users manual on the Dual webpage and it advised me as to which charger to use. I tried that but nothing worked.
Finally I called Dual tech services only to be told that the battery only lasts about three years and I would need to either send it in to Dual for the battery change or I could change it myself.
I contacted sales and service and was told that the cost of the battery was $40 but before they would send it I would have to send them an email stating that I would accept full responsibiltiy for any problems created by installing the battery. I felt I was competent to install the battery so I so stated.
Anyway, the battey is on it's way and I'll be using my EFB again soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• STEVE ELLS
  • STEVE ELLS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 months 2 hours ago #1093

The battery arrived, but only after I signed a waiver taking full responsibility for any damage because I wanted the change the battery out myself. OY! The only hard part was peeling the old battery--it's stuck to the case with two sided tape--off the case.
The little three wire plug is fool proof--it only goes together one way.
Now it takes a charge very quickly and is working fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds