Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon PA-28 Cabin Cover

• David Peter
  • David Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
6 months 1 week ago #1805

I tried doing a search for Cabin Covers and did not see anything, so forgive me if this has been addressed before.
I would like to get some advice on what type or brand of cabin cover for my Cherokee. I would like for it to be waterproof and be sensitive to the plastic windshield. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 days ago #1811

I have had several covers from Bruces, they are great. Soft lining for plexiglas = no worries about scuffing.
www.aircraftcovers.com/

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Peter

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #1816

I bought a real nice used Bruce's cabin cover for my Comanche by looking at the PA 24 page on eBay. It doesn't have my N number sewn into it but I could care less. It is in good shape and I put it on whenever I park Papa outside. I saved money and got a good cover.
Bruce's is a PF/CF advertiser; the website is www.aircraftcovers.com . It's reputation is excellent.

• David Peter
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
5 months 4 weeks ago #1824

Thanks Steve, great advice
Dave

More
4 months 1 week ago #1864

As most responded, Bruce's Covers is the best. I bought a full canopy and engine covers for my PA28-140 to protect the engine compartment from rain. The 1971 -140 has hinges on top to access the engine and I found that water gets through quite easily. I had a great experience with Bruce's Covers company. Due to my measuring issues, I miscalculated some shall we say protrusions. I called them up and I was able to ship it back free for further fitting. When it came back it was perfect. On Instagram I have posted a few pics under #N417FL.

Make sure you measure antennas and temperature sensors etc...to avoid shipping back and forth to fit your aircraft. The second time around I used the iPhone's Measure with pictures.

Cheers,
Mark
N417FL

• David Peter
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 months 1 week ago #1865

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did order a cover from Bruce's and I'm pretty happy with it. Will get to really try it out at Oshkosh.

All the best
Dave

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds