• Gus Ziegler
  • Gus Ziegler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #2453

Hello Steve,

I am not sure about your PA24 AD but on the PA28R-200 the AD is as follows,

(iii) For the affected Models PA-28R-180, PA-28R-200, PA-28R-201, PA-28R-201T, PA-32R-300, PA-34-200, and PA-34-200T airplanes, ream the existing two-piece bushings to an inside diameter of .624-inch to .625-inch, chamfer the head side of the bushing to accommodate the radius in the shank of the main gear sidebrace stud, and install the 5/8-inch stud, P/N 78717-02. No repetitive inspections will be required by this AD when this action is accomplished on both the left and right bracket assemblies.If the bushings cannot be reamed while installed in the bracket (i.e., the bushings are loose), then install a main gear sidebrace bracket assembly, P/N 95643-06, P/N 95643-07, P/N 95643-08, or P/N 95643-09, as applicable. Models PA-28R-180 and PA-28R-200 with serial numbers as specified in the Appendix to this AD may be equipped with a bracket casting identified with casting number 67073-2 or 67073-3 and may require the following modification to P/N 78717-02 for proper installation:

So, the question is has anyone had success reaming out the bushing? I clearly cannot replace the bushing. It will cost about 9 grand Canadian if I have to replace the bracket.
I am just getting ready to have this job done.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Gus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #2444

I have complied with this AD on my PA 24.
The brace studs were not cracked.
I have replaced the bushings in the bracket.
The AD and directions seem to be pretty straight forward.
I'm curious as to why you're asking the questions.
If you find a cracked stud, it seems that you have to buy the newer larger stud and ream the bushings, an champfer the stud to fit.
Have you inspected the studs on your airplane??

• Gus Ziegler
  • Gus Ziegler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #2440

Hello,
AD is Main Landing Gear Sidebrace Stud Crack. 97-01-01 R1
Does anyone know of someone that has found a crack in the stud on Piper Arrow?
Do you guys know of anyone that had success in reaming out the bushing to replace the stud with the new larger stud? (original size is no longer available)
Does anyone know of someone that had to replace the hole main landing gear sidebrace bracket assembly?

Thanks
Gus Ziegler
Getting ready to complete this AD.

Last edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Gus Ziegler.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds