Topic-icon Piper Hoof Valve

• Ron Jung
  • Ron Jung's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 days 18 hours ago #2605

Hi Steve,

Ok thanks, I really appreciate the help. I will be removing the Hoof Valve and O-rings in a few days. Once I get to the O-Rings and measure them I will try and order replacements from Aircraft Spruce, if I they do not have the correct O-Rings I will definitely take you up on the offer for the Cleveland O-Ring manual.

Thanks again Steve,

Ron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 days 25 minutes ago #2603

Hi Ron;
As Kristin mentioned, the basic part number is MS28775, followed by a dash and a second number. The size (diameter and O.D.) is in the second number.
When you type MS 28775 into the www.aircraftspruce.com search window, make sure you don't put a space between the MS and 28775. One string I found claims there's a stepped O ring in the Hoof valve. If that's what you find, I can send you a Cleveland O ring manual (292 pages) that may help you buy the one needed.
Steve

• Ron Jung
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 17 hours ago #2599

Ok, I will get that valve and O-Rings removed, check the sizes and see if Aircraft Spruce has the replacements.

Thanks Kristin!

Ron

More
1 week 1 day ago #2598

I don't know the sizes off the top of my head, but Aircraft Spruce will have the o-rings. They will be an MS28775 and the dash number determines the size. You may be able to get the part number out of the parts catalog, otherwise you will need to disassemble. This is beyond preventative maintenance so your A&P should have a selection of O-rings that likely cover what you need.

• Ron Jung
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 1 day ago #2597

Hi,
My name is Ron Jung I am a fairly new subscriber here, I have a 1978 Piper Turbo Arrow III (PA-28R-201T) was wondering if anyone has the MS/part numbers, and where I can find replacement o-rings for the emergency gear extension hoof valve?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Cookies