× Piper PA-22 Tri-Pacer

Topic-icon AD 67-24-02 Right Fuel Tank Placard

• HARRISON MCNAUGHTON
  • HARRISON MCNAUGHTON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 weeks 14 hours ago #2282

Thank you Steve, I very much appreciate the feedback!

Mac

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 13 hours ago #2269

Hi, I don't have a PA 22, but based on my study of the parts book, I believe your conclusion about fuel line routing of the right tank lines is correct.
Uneven fuel feed problems seem to actually be the rule rather than the exception in GA.
I like to switch tanks; depending on the duration of the flight, I switch every 30 minutes or every hour, but my Comanche doesn't have a "both position so it's necessary to stay balanced.
I believe the PA 22 is a good airplane although a lot of people who have never flown one don't think so.
Happy flying,
Steve

• HARRISON MCNAUGHTON
  • HARRISON MCNAUGHTON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 1 day ago #2262

Hello,
I'm looking for feedback on AD 67-24-02 regarding the placarding of the right fuel tank on PA-22 aircraft. If I'm reading this correct, the intent of this placard is to direct us to operate on the left fuel tank only during takeoff or high AOA operations. Am I correct on this? Also, my PA-22/20 sometimes will feed off of both tanks equally however, most of the time the left tank will run nearly dry before the right tank starts to feed. I have been switching to "right tank only" when the left one is around half full. I have normally been running on "both tanks" in normal cruise operations. I'm assuming this anomaly is due to the right fuel tank fuel line routing? Have any of you folks with a PA-22 aircraft had the same experience? I'm interested if anyone has had a fuel starvation issue in this scenario. Any advice or feedback on thoughts regarding fuel management would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Mac

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds