- Posts: 144
- Thank you received: 7
Piper Flyer August 2019 One-question Survey results
- Jen D
- Topic Author
We asked: What's most important to you when choosing a mechanic or shop to work on your Piper?
NOT IMPORTANT– SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT– IMPORTANT– EXTREMELY IMPORTANT–
Familiarity with your particular model of Piper: Not important: 2.08%, Somewhat Important 0.00%, Important 33.33%, Extremely Important 64.58%
Reputation: Not important 0.00%, Somewhat important 2.13%, Important 36.17%, Extremely important 61.70%
Proximity to where your plane is based: Not important 2.04%, Somewhat important 30.61%, Important 53.06%, Extremely important 14.29%
Must be a Certified Repair Station: Not important 40.82%, Somewhat important 14.29%, Important 20.41%, Extremely important 24.49%
• Allow owner assisted maintenance, repairs and annuals.
• Understands what the FARs really mean.
• Mech must be detailed oriented.
• Thorough and willing to get the job done correctly.
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Must be a good communicator, work with the owner and educate in the process
• Reasonable price and good attitude. Mechanic must care about me and my Cherokee
• Owner assist maintenance is allowed and supervised.
• IvanAir at KSAC in Sacramento, CA has been our AP-AI for our PA28RT-201T since spring of 1987. We are based at KMEV in Minden,
• Knowledgeable and not a TIME BURNER
• I really need to be able to get along with myself.
• Responsiveness and communications by the shop and access to the mechanics
• ME I'm the mechanic, and I don't let anyone else work on my airplane except my son in law.
• Must have a reputation of being honest and not taking advantage of you with petty repairs.
• Availability, honesty, capabilities, pricing practices. Certified repair station for certain items, but most independent and/or mobile A&P'/IA are not part of a certified repair station operation.
• Honesty. Does not have a "know-it-all attitude!
Please weigh in with your thoughts...
Please Log in to join the conversation.