Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

Topic-icon Gas and Hangar Prices

• SCOTTSHERER
  • SCOTTSHERER's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #143

Hi everyone,

Gas prices seem to be a topic that would seem at home in the Unicom area so I thought I would see what everyone is paying around the country.

Here in Wisconsin at my home airport of Burlington (30 miles southeast of Milwaukee, WI, KBUU) I'm currently paying $4.50 per gallon and $200 for a hangar.

How's life at your local aerodrome?

Scott Sherer
N344TB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #146

Hi Scott,

I live in an airpark next to Independence (7S5), Oregon airport so keep my Seneca at my house in my own hanger. I really feel fortunate that I can just raise my hanger door and taxi out to the runway. We designed and built the house in 2007 so I can go from the house through the garage and then hanger and not get wet! Hanger is 3000 sq ft so have room for Seneca, Cessna 150, 40 ft motorhome, 2 4wheelers and a 16 ft trailer for the 4 wheelers. Homeowners dues are $100 a year and access to State of Oregon airport is $210 a year so not so bad. As to fuel prices, not as lucky as you. 100 here is $5.75.

Keith Moes
N32812

• SCOTTSHERER
More
3 years 8 months ago #153

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing the info about your house/hangar. You are truly lucky! It sounds amazing. When you have a moment, how about posting a picture or two?

Scott
N344TB

More
3 years 8 months ago #159

Scott, we must be neighbors, I'm at BUU & pay the same monthly cost. My plane only has one engine though.

• SCOTTSHERER
More
3 years 8 months ago #160

Hi Joe,

I'm in hangar 973. Where are you?

Best,
Scott
N344TB

More