Topic-icon Garmin\650 & 275 interfacing with autopilot

• JOHN FERNAN
  • JOHN FERNAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
03 May 2021 19:17 #2975

Matt,
Here are the notes made by the other pilot during our flight to try and list the autopilot issues.
ROLL: Slow response, never stopped or captured level flight, when utilizing the roll knob the roll over corrected dramatically.
HDG: Full deflection of the yolk on correction, always to the right, violent corrections, never settled down.
ALT: Very slow to correct and always overshooting
PITCH: Too slow to react.
I'm guessing from what you said and what the autopilot does that there is a serious wiring issue. The avionic shop assured me it worked in the hanger but they never test flew the AC to check the system. I now have to find a shop that can correct these issues, any suggestions?
Thanks, John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• JOHN FERNAN
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
26 Apr 2021 21:47 #2961

Matt,
I'm checking with the other pilot that was with me when we tried the system out. I don't remember that alt hold did anything at all, but he was making notes on the reactions.
Thanks, John

More
26 Apr 2021 19:06 #2960

John,

We have not seen any issues with the GI 275s and these AP systems. Issues we have seen have been attributed to wiring and configurations. Does the altitude hold work correctly, or better stated, what does altitude hold only do when engaged?

Let me know on this and I will see what I can do to help further.

• JOHN FERNAN
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
26 Apr 2021 18:19 #2959

Members,
I own a 1976 Lance PA32R-300 with an Altimatic III C autopilot. I had the avionics upgraded recently with a GMA 345 audio, two GI275 HSI/AHRS/GMU11/AP units, and a GTN650XI Navigator. I asked the avionic shop on several occasions about the auto pilot interfacing with the Garmin units and was assured the auto pilot would work as well as it had in the past. During the flight check of the autopilot , once it is engaged, the aircraft starts into a diving right turn.
Is there a way to correctly couple the Garmin's and the autopilot?
Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Cookies