Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

× Welcome to the Piper Flyer forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon New Member as of yesterday

• Frank Acuff
  • Frank Acuff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1653

I just dropped in to say hello to everyone. I look forward to learning from the PiperFlyers. I was introduced to Piper in the early 80's when I was employed by Piper Inc., in Lakeland, Florida. It was my first real job, after working on the flight deck of the Sinking Sara for three, seven-month Mediterranean cruises. Working on the A7E was quite different than working on the Navajo and Cheyenne's, but I enjoyed them, none-the-less.

I am a proud owner of an Archer II and I must say, she's a good one; I just hope she keeps her wings on. Anywise, she goes in the shop for a panel upgrade next Monday (GFC500, GTN650, GMA345, GTX345 and two g5's), some would say I'm crazy as a loon to put that much into it. Whatever the case, unless I die in the next several years or the wings fall off, that's what I'll be flying. I'm going to try my luck at posting a picture with this.

Once again, Hello! And, I look forward to sharing information and skill sets with you all...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #1692

Many PA 28 owners, upon finding out that it is not a particularly expensive inspection, decide to pay for the wing spar bolt hole eddy current inspection even if their airplane is not subject to the AD per the FAA's "factored service hours" formula. They seem to think of it as cheap insurance. The problem now seems to be finding a company that has the equipment to do the inspections.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds