Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

× Welcome to the Piper Flyer forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon Yoke upgrade

• Rex Collins
  • Rex Collins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 6 days ago #2018

I’m new here I have a 1965 PA32/260 and would liftoffs upgrade yokes to newer ram horn style with mic switch. Any suggestions on the change out and where to purchase along with any paper work required

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Rex Collins
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 2 days ago #2022

Reference first post I’m new to this forum, not sure what blue and red icon I must have inadvertently selected, I hope that’s why there’s no reply to my question. I would think with all the Piper folks here someone surely would have changed old style yokes out for newer versions.

More
1 month 12 hours ago #2025

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationHi Rex,
This change is pretty common. Piper installed rams horn yokes in later airplanes. You may be able to install one of those in your airplane; it will depend on the whether the length of the shaft attached to the old and new yokes is the same. One other factor that comes into play is the diameter of the shaft.
As you can see from the parts posted on this site: www.texasairsalvage.com/Airframe_list.ph...Control-Yokes&goto=1 the newer style yokes are readily available.
Here's another source: www.flyingfishaircraftparts.com/products...es-1-5-8-shaft-20575 .
They are even available on eBay: .
If you would be satisfied with a simple press to talk switch that attaches (via velcro) to you existing "bow tie" yoke, they too are readily available. I have one of the simple velcro style PTT switches in my Comanche and it's provided good service for over 10 years.
You can purchase a new rams horn yoke from Avion at:http://www.avion.com/PiperControlWheels.html.
Finally, I believe you can replace your "bow tie" yokes with rams horn yokes which were installed in the PA 32 beginning in 1970. That would be the easiest as far as paper work.

• Rex Collins
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 weeks 1 day ago #2030

Thanks Steve I really appreciate the info

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #2031
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex Collins