Piper Flyer Association - Technical Know-how, Serious Fun read more

× Welcome to the Piper Flyer forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon New Aztec buyer

More
5 months 13 hours ago #2222

The Michelin tube is called AirStop. It may seem that the tubes are very expensive but believe me, they're worth it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Chris Kenefick
  • Chris Kenefick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 months 5 days ago #2221

Thanks Kristin and Steve,

I've used retreads on my Stearman and have had good luck. I may just buy new tires for the "new" purchase :) Definitely using the "leakguard" tubes this time.....are they the same as the Michelin tubes?

More
5 months 5 days ago #2220

Chris;
There will be no fitment issues if you buy the tires called out in the parts book. FWIW, I visited Desser Tire and asked specifically if its retreaded tires were larger in diameter than a new high dollar Michelin or Goodyear and was told they are not.
So I bought a pair of the their Monster recaps and put them on my Comanches. No interference issues at all. And the cost is about half of a new tire.
I recommend that you also buy new Aero Classic "leakguard" tubes and put them in when you install your new tires. If you don't use the leakguard tubes you'll be getting down on your knees prior to an important flight to fill the tire because other tubes leak slowly over time.
S

More
5 months 5 days ago #2219

I don't have any experience with retreads. I think that they may make sense in a training environment. I favor Goodyear Flight Customs. I get years and years out of those tires so the higher price may not mean a higher cost.

• Chris Kenefick
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 months 5 days ago #2218

So, going to buy new tires and tubes. Does anyone know of fitment issues with the current tires on the market? Looking at Michelins or Condors. Was thinking retreads on the mains but not sure it saves in the long run. Thanks!!

• Chris Kenefick
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2194

I've been looking at their site. The VG's and carbon cowls are very nice :)

Chris

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds